It is our goal to provide you pet with the safest and most current anesthesia and surgery care in the Lafayette area. Dr. Guidry takes a great amount of time and pays close attention to details to develop protocols tailored to an individual animal. The following is a partial list of routine surgical procedures we provide. Your pet will receive individual attention before, during, and after the procedure and will recover in our ICU. We use many of the same anesthetics that are used on humans, and we monitor our patients using EKG, pulse oximetry, blood pressure and breathing monitors. At the time of surgery, Dr. Guidry will provide pain medicine via nerve blocks or injections. Pain medication is usually sent home to prevent pain in the coming days following surgery. If sutures were used to close the skin during a procedure, the price quoted will include the suture removal.
We also utilize our in-house blood lab to perform pre-anesthetic blood work to screen patients for abnormalities such as: anemia(s), polycythemia(s), infections, kidney or liver problems, protein abnormalities, diabetes, endocrine diseases, and bleeding disorders. The blood work sometimes will also help determine the best anesthetic protocol. We require blood work prior to procedures needing sedations or anesthesia on animals greater than 7 years old. However, we encourage all pet owners to consider blood work on their pet prior to anesthesia.
- Spay ( Ovariohysterectomy) (female) is performed at 6 months of age or older.
- Cat $155
- Dogs $155-250. Cost is determined by the weight of your pet. For details, please call our office.
- Neuter (Castration) (male) is performed at 6 months of age or older.
- Cat $112
- Dogs $166-261. Cost is determined by the weight of your pet. Please call our office for details.
- Dental Health Restoration (ultrasonic sale, polish, and examination of teeth and gingival) $165. Additional cost may be necessary if extractions are needed.
- All animals will require a pre-surgical exam if they have not been examined by Dr. Guidry in the last 2 months prior to anesthesia. The exam is $30 and includes: heart rate, respiratory rate, capillary refill time (perfusion test), hydration status, auscultate the heart for arrhythmias and murmurs, check the pulse, pulse quality, and auscultate the lungs for any respiratory problems.
- A full exam (not required) also checks the following: eyes, ears, skin, coat, joints, anal glands, palpation of the internal organs and screen for illnesses that may be apparent from a physical exam. The complete physical exam is $43 and includes everything listed for pre-surgical as well.
- Other ancillary services can be provided such as anal gland expression, nail trims. microchipping, and removal of retained deciduous (baby) teeth just to name a few.
**This is to serve as a guideline for services that your pet may need. This is not to be considered an estimate of services and issued for the purpose of a sample of the services we offer our patients. The doctor invests time studying these protocols and will determine any health risk on an individual basis and change a protocol to best fit the patient. Prices are dictated by the cost of supplies and medication; therefore, prices may change without notice.
* Please call our office so we may reserve an appointment for your pet. Dr. Guidry performs surgery on selected mornings each week. Please note that we also serve the Maurice, Duscon, and Rayne areas..