- Feline Rhinotracheitis-Calici-Panleukopenia-Chlamydia (FVRCP-C) vaccine
- Leukemia vaccine (outdoor cats and kittens, or cats otherwise at risk)
- Rabies vaccine
We currently do not screen cats for intestinal parasites. Cats find the procedure very rude and invasive. We also feel that we usually do not obtain an adequate sample of feces to make a correct assessment of parasite presence.
- Heartworm blood test (occult and direct blood smear exam)
- Intestinal (fecal) parasite screening
It is also important to vaccinate your pets on a yearly basis for the following diseases
- Distemper, Parvo, Adenovirus, Leptospirosis, and Parainfluenza (5-in-1) vaccine given every three years after first adult yearly visit
- Leptospirosis (given every year)
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough) vaccine
- Rabies vaccine
Heartworms, intestinal parasites, and fleas are a huge problem in South Louisiana (including Lafayette, Duscon, Rayne, and Maurice areas). We highly recommend that you treat your pets year-round to prevent an infestation of you, your environment, and your pets from these deadly pests. Our staff is well-educated and ready to help you determine which preventative best suits you and your pet’s needs.
Dr. Guidry does not believe in over-vaccinating pets. He continuously monitors current immunology protocols for any updates recommended by AAHA (national veterinary organization for hospital regulations and protocols). You, Dr. Guidry, and any health risk will determine which vaccines are appropriate for your pet’s health. Dr.Guidry will also be glad to discuss vaccination protocols prior to vaccinating your pet(s).
- All visits will have an Office Visit charge
- Microchipping is a great idea to prevent theft or loss, and to use as a permanent form of I.D. for any pet. It is inserted under the skin with a needle just like a vaccine. It can be performed during any routine visit and requires no sedation (it lasts for the life of the pet).
- This is to serve as a guideline to services that your pet may need. This is not to be considered an estimate of services and issued for the purpose of a sample of the services we offer our patients. The doctor invests time studying these protocols and will determine any health risk on an individual basis and change a protocol to best fit the patient. Price are dictated by the cost of supplies and medication.
- Please call our office at (337) 981-0909 so we may reserve an appointment for you and your pet.